What is health coaching?
Health coaching allows you to invest in your own self-care by going through a personal journey of change with a health coach as a guide.
What does a health coach do?
A health coach does not:
- Serve as the expert.
- Give advice or tell you what to do.
- Prescribe a certain diet or exercise regimen.
- Share medical advice.
- Substitute for medical advice or professional therapy.
- Focus on disease management or treatment.
A health coach does:
- Rely on you as the expert.
- Guide you in your own personal journey of making positive behavioral change toward self-care.
- Help you define and clarify your own health and wellness goals.
- Help you move toward those goals in an incremental, manageable way.
- Help you gain the knowledge, skills, and confidence to make lasting and positive behavioral choices.
- Focus on the how of change so that you learn how to make sustainable changes.
- Focus on improving your quality of life.
- Guide you on working on lifestyle changes of your choice that may include nutrition, movement, sleep/rest, mind-body connection, spirituality, environment, or relationships, just to name a few.
- Provide accountability and support.
“A health and wellness coach partners with clients seeking self-directed, lasting changes, aligned with their values, which promote health and wellness and, thereby, enhance well-being. In the course of their work, health and wellness coaches display unconditional positive regard for their clients and a belief in their capacity for change and honoring that each client is an expert on his or her life, while ensuring that all interactions are respectful and non-judgmental.”Definition of health and wellness coaching by the National Board for Health & Wellness Coaching (NBHWC)
Who might benefit from coaching?
Anyone who is motivated and willing to commit to working on their own self-care! There is no need to decide on a specific area of self-care or goals prior to beginning.
What is the commitment?
- Individual telephonic or video sessions
- 45-60 minute private, individual sessions
- Series of 8-12 weekly or biweekly sessions over 4-6 months (recommended)
- Recommended self-assessment on your own prior to the first session
How do I get started?
[CONTACT LISA TO GET STARTED]